Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Comment on classmates blogs

This week I will comment on other classmates blogs. After reading through many blog posts, I found two that really stood out to me. I connected with Katie's Blog and Devon's Blog because they both talked about social media, a topic that is so popular right now. The social media buzz has even started taking over the entertainment industry with the release of the movie The Social Network.

Katie talked about social media. I agree with her ideas. Social media has indeed taken over our lives. And fast! There is a growing trend of checking Facebook statuses and Twitter updates worldwide. It is a beneficial way for companies to connect with their demographic. Social media provides non profits with inexpensive affective communication. I never thought of all the added benefits that social media has given our society. Not only is it fast communication but it gives non profits a free way to get in touch with people.

Devon said unobtrusive research is easily obtained through social media. I knew social media can market products efficiently by placing a face to the company or person. I follow many celebrities on Twitter and it is interesting to see their tweets. I see them in a different light by following them on Twitter. It definitely helps to give celebrities and companies good PR. Celebrities seem more down to earth. Devon proved that research can be done through social media. I never considered social media as a form of research but it can be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment